Participants will discuss activities which develop a culture to maintain compliance and review what is expected during the process of certification, including actions needed prior to, during and after the audit.
Active learning will be used throughout the course utilising case study-based activities to encourage critical thinking and help explain how sites will implement the Standard.
In preparation for the course, participants must read and review a copy of the Standard including the glossary, which is available as a free download from the BRCGS Store, in addition to the pre-course materials provided. It is advised participants must have working knowledge of the Global Standard Food Safety Issue 8 and HACCP.
At the end of the course, participants will be assessed with an exam. This course is part of the BRCGS Professional recognition programme.
- At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is required to comply with the requirements of the Standard
- Identify and explain the changes to the Standard from Issue 8
- Describe the scope of companies and products covered by the Standard
- Describe what to expect from your BRCGS audit
- Prepare for an audit to the Standard
- Apply resource tools available for compliance and support from BRCGS
- Technical Managers and personnel
- Quality Managers and personnel
- Importers and exporters of food products
- Foodservice staff
- Operations Managers
- Internal audit personnel
- Current BRCGS Auditors
- Those interested in becoming a BRCGS Auditor