This one-day course will help you understand the principles of ISO/IEC 27701 and the changes required to extend your ISMS. It will help you understand how the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 will provide the basis of an effective PIMS and provides guidance for PII controllers and/or PII processors.
Additional Course benefits:
- Access to course material augmented with exclusive insights from big data analytics based on our database of millions of audit findings worldwide
- Gain free access to our online self-assessment tool where you can quickly implement and practice learnings as well as measure your company performance against specific management system standards.
The aim of the course is to help you to understand how ISO/IEC 27701 can extend your ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system (ISMS) to include requirements for protecting personally identifiable information (PII) and provide a framework for a privacy information management system (PIMS).
The course covers the following specific learning objectives:
- Understand the benefits of having an effective PIMS in place
- Understand the content of ISO/IEC 27701, both requirements and guidance, and how it will improve your processing of PII
- Determine the effectiveness of an organization’s PIMS
- Understand how the standard maps to the privacy framework and principles in other ISO/IEC standards (e.g. 29100, 27018, and 29151) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Inspire customer and partner trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Inform your organization’s senior management of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 to help them decide the next steps to take
Anyone involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, or supervising an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS.